Monday, June 2, 2008

Art in Bloom









My first creation for the Prim & Whimsy Group Challenge is an altered art tree collage. When I found out what the theme would be, I instantly thought of incorporating my earlier creations in some way. Since I started painting & selling my art, the many faces I've created from the beginning have somewhat evolved through the years from what you see now. I used 19 face variations for this "Art in Bloom" piece.

11" X 14" on stretched canvas

It was created using ink, pastels, acrylic paints, collage papers, & altered prints. For those of you who don't know, I love to stitch and I decided to also incorporate that into this piece as well. Using nylon thread & embroidery floss, I hand-stitched down beads, buttons, fabric leaves, & embroidered french knots for the center of the flower sequins. It was also sanded & distressed for a prim appearance. A matte finished was used for protection.




My second piece for this challenge is of course another one of my Frida's. I really enjoy creating my renditions of her. Here I painted her as the center of a flower.

10" X 10" on stretched canvas

Created using ink, pastels, metallic, & acrylic paints. Textured, sanded, & distressed. A matte finished was used for protection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails